Welcome to Karl von Laudermann's Web Site
Hello! And welcome to my very own World Wide Web site. Now, you're probably wondering, "just who is this Carl non Vooderman guy, anyway?" Well, first, it's Karl von Laudermann (note the double "n" at the end), and second, I'm just some Shmoe who decided it's about time I got my own web page. My friends have been bugging me to get my own web page for quite some time, just because it's a cool thing to do and everyone else is doing it. Naturally I asked myself, "if everyone jumped off a bridge, would I do that too?" The conclusion I reached was "yes", for two reasons:
- I would eventually get pretty lonely. Being the last person alive on earth seems conceptually appealing at first, just for the sheer novelty of the situation, but raiding abandoned supermarkets and convenience stores for Twinkies can only keep one occupied for so long before one craves human companionship, if for no other reason than to have someone to hoard the Twinkies away from.
- Having a huge pile of dead bodies to land on would probably keep the actual jump off of the bridge from being fatal anyway.
With my newfound confidence granted by this insight, I decided it was time to create a presence for myself on the web. It was either that, or my discovery that, at the time, GeoCities was handing out free web sites to any Shmoe who asks for one. And if you recall, I did say that I am, in fact, a Shmoe. Seeing as how I qualify so well, how could I not jump at such an opportunity?
But that was a long time ago. I mean, the mid-1990s — ancient history! More recently, I received an email from Yahoo! stating that they were closing down GeoCities, and that all sites would be permanently deleted. So I found a new web host, and even got my own domain name, doodpants.org. And now, my rarely-updated and increasingly obsolete web presence lives on.
- Nov. 21, 2009
- Nov. 10, 2009
- Oct. 17, 2009
- I've packed up and moved my entire website to a new host, with a new domain name.
- Apr. 4, 2009
- Jan. 11, 2009
- Mar. 14, 2007
- I have released version 3.12 of JavaTerrace. This release fixes an apparently long-standing bug where menus didn't show up properly under Windows.
- Oct. 1, 2006
- I have released version 1.1 of Zendomizer for handhelds. The only change is that it now works with the latest version of SuperWaba. Which is to say, it finally works again. :-)
This document was last modified on November 21, 2009
Please send all comments to email@example.com